DIY: Christmastree Cupcakes

Merry (late) Christmas!

I know that Christmas is already over but they were really, really tasty and turned out quite good for my first try. So I wanted to share my first ever made cupcakes: Christmastree edition!

You will need ...

250 g flour
150 g sugar
2 tbsp cacao
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 package chocolate drops
250 ml milk
90 ml oil
1 egg
approx. 12 strawberries

First, preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder with the sugar, cacao and the chocolate drops in a large bowl. Add the mild, oil and the egg and stir until well mixed. Spoon the batter into the cases and bake for approx. 20 minutes.

While the muffins/ cupcakes are baking you can start to prepare the frosting and the strawberries.
For that you will need:

125 - 200 g butter
1 package cream cheese
1 box icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
food colouring (green)

Mix the butter with the cream cheese and add the sugar in small intervals until well mixed. Add the vanilla and the food colouring.
Careful! Don't stir for too long and fast, it will make the frosting too runny.

After the muffins are cooled, use a dip of frosting to stick the strawberries on top of the muffins:


Now you can get creative! Use a piping bag with a small star tip and put dips onto the strawberries. I started from the bottom to the top in small rows. To make them look like trees, I used some sugar sprinkles as baubles. You can also use sugar baubles or place sugar stars on the top of the trees.
Finally, I added some icing sugar as snow.

that's it. I admit that I got this idea by browsing through 9gag and just used two basic recipes to make them myself but I thought I'd share them with you guys.

off out,
occasional baker,
Lu Ann